1. Partnerships very often receive ... from the
2. Limited partnership is a common form of ownership
in ... .
3. Partnerships have many ..., one is that they receive
tax benefits from the government.
4. ... are the partners with unlimited liability.
5. ... has the authority in management but he is not
known to public.
6. A secret partner takes part in Ex.1. Select the necessary word in the sentence. ... .
7. General partners have ... .
8. One advantage of a partnership is that it offers a
multiple source of ... .
9. A partnership can bring much ... to the partners
a. secret partner
c. real estate
i. tax benefits
Two friends, Susan and Maurice, are having supper in a restaurant.
Maurice: Haven't seen you Ex.1. Select the necessary word in the sentence. for a long time. What have you been busy with?
Susan: I've been pretty busy. Do you know my friend Nora? I went into
business with her.
Maurice: Really? How is it going on?
Susan: Fine, thanks. We get along very well, and the shop is attracting more
and Ex.1. Select the necessary word in the sentence. more customers.
Maurice: It sounds well. How many partners are there in your business?
Susan: There are two of us and I am very pleased about it. I've мейд a right
choice. Nora's background is in accounting. She is very good at
keeping the books.
Maurice: And you?
Susan: You know I Ex.1. Select the necessary word in the sentence. always liked talking. I guess I am rather good with
customers. I enjoy selling things.
Maurice: Well, it sounds interesting. I believe you don't run a risk in your
Susan: We haven't had many problems, although I suppose all business can
be risky. As partners we are Ex.1. Select the necessary word in the sentence. both liable.
Maurice: Did you both put the same amount of money into your business?
Do you mind my asking?
Susan: No, we didn't invest the same amount of capital. But I think we've
combined our resources very well. I think it's good for both of us Ex.1. Select the necessary word in the sentence..
Maurice: It seems really so. That is one advantage of general partnership.
You can invest less capital than your partner - even no money at all.
But you as a partner can contribute important services or skills,
sometimes just a name or a reputation.
Maurice: How did Ex.1. Select the necessary word in the sentence. you arrange to distribute profits and losses?
Susan: We share them equally. We hope to be in business for a long time.
Maurice: Nice for you. Now you seem to know a lot about business.
Susan: Not everything yet but the subject becomes quite technical.
Maurice: I am glad to hear Ex.1. Select the necessary word in the sentence. it. It's time to go now. See you later. Bye.
to be busy with
to go into business
to get along well
to attract customers
to make a right choice
to run a risk
to be liable
amount of money
to put an amount of money into
to combine resources
to contribute services, skills
to distribute Ex.1. Select the necessary word in the sentence. profits and losses
the subject becomes quite
сделать верный выбор
зд. рабочий опыт
нести юридическую ответственность
сумма (количество) средств
вложить сумму средств в бизнес
вложить умения и способности
распределять доходы и убытки
это становится уже делом техники
Ex.1. Transform the sentences according to the model:
Model: Susan is a woman. She does the Ex.1. Select the necessary word in the sentence. books. Susan is a
woman who does the books.
1. Partners are people. They have unlimited liability.
2. This is my partner. He often runs a risk.
3. He is a shop-assistant. He gets along well with all the customers.
4. Susan is a partner. She puts a big amount of Ex.1. Select the necessary word in the sentence. money into business.
5. Jean is my friend. She has the background in accounting.
6. Barbara is my partner. She knows how to attract customers.
7. Tom is a partner. He is good at selling.
8. Jack is my friend. He is a secret partner of my business.
9. Helen is my friend Ex.1. Select the necessary word in the sentence.. She had supper with Jack in the restaurant.
Ex.2. Answer the questions:
1. What do you want to be busy with?
2. Do you want to go into business alone or with a partner?
3. With what partner do you get along well?
4. Imagine you run a shop. What will you do to attract customers Ex.1. Select the necessary word in the sentence.?
5. Do you need to consult a lawyer to make a right choice when starting the
6. What is your background?
7. Are you a careful person, or do you like to run a risk?
8. How can you combine the resources with your partner?
9. What services and skills can you contribute Ex.1. Select the necessary word in the sentence. in your business?
10. How will you distribute profits and losses in your partnership?
11. What kind of partner would you like to be: a general partner or a limited
partner? Why so?
Ex.3. Translate into English:
1. Члены правления несут полную юридическую ответственность.
2. Партнер с ограниченной юридической ответственностью не имеет
реальной власти Ex.1. Select the necessary word in the sentence..
3. Скрытый партнер учавствует в управлении, но он не
4. Я желаю вложить средства в недвижимость.
5. Партнерство имеет много преимуществ.
6. Партнерство нередко получает налоговые льготы от правительства.
7. Мы отлично ладим с партнером.
8. Наше кафе завлекает все в большей и большей степени клиентов.
9. Я сделал верный выбор. Это дело приносит много прибыли.
10. Мой Ex.1. Select the necessary word in the sentence. рабочий опыт связан с менеджментом.
11. Она отлично разбирается в бухгалтерском деле.
12. Мы вкладываем в дело однообразный капитал.
Ex.4. Discuss the following problem:
A Joint Venture*: Pro and Contra.
* Совместное предприятие: за и против.
Ex.5. Make up the dialogue:
Consult the lawyer how to form a partnership. Use your Ex.1. Select the necessary word in the sentence. active
Ex.1. Make the sentences negative:
Model: I am going into business.
I am not going into business.
1. Your business is receiving the tax benefits.
2. Your partnership is running the great risk.
3. We are getting along quite well with my partner.
4. They are going to be Ex.1. Select the necessary word in the sentence. general partners.
5. The partners are sharing profits and losses with each other.
6. Their partnership is losing their profit every month.